Step 2: Supplies
- a 2 liter soda bottle
- a n95 rated face mask that is good for particulates. Tear gas is a dust, not a gas so this will be perfect
- Duct tape (i used gorilla tape
Step 3: Mark and cut
Step 4: Tape the edge
Step 5: Disassemble the Facemask and put into bottle
1. Have a pair of tight-fitting swim goggles with you – they’re fast and easy to put on and will protect your eyes from the gas.
2. Always keep a plastic zip-lock bag with a bandana for each person and a small plastic bottle of cider vinegar handy.
The vinegar can help neutralize the gas, so quickly empty the bottle in the bag and soak the bandanas in the vinegar before putting them over your nose and mouth to breathe easier.
3. Get upwind or escape to high ground (like a hill or building roof top) – The gas stays low to the ground and high ground is more defensible if you have to fight back when things get even uglier and looting breaks out.
Now, If you think mobs and tear gas aren’t something you’ll encounter, think again.
All you have to do is watch the news to see that things are heating up and that even in small towns, violence can erupt – especially during a natural disaster when people get hungry and desperate.
Neighbors can quickly become an angry mob and there are things you should be doing NOW just in case.
But knowing how to defend against tear gas is just one of the strategies you need to master to prepare for a complete breakdown, when the $%#@ hits the fan.