It is sad to know that the number of orphans in Thailand are increasing every
year. Some of the most common reasons for this is the economic problem, rapes
and not being mature enough when they have a child. If we look at this on the
other hand it is encouraging to know that people still choose to give birth
instead of having an abortion. Personally I encourage foreigners to adopt a Thai
child so they can have a better future.
THAILAND ADOPTION PROCDURES: Child Adoption Center of the Department of Public Welfare (DPW) is the only governmental agency taking care of all adoptions of Thai children in Thailand. Therefore all adoptions must be processed through this agency. However there are four non-governmental organizations (NGOs)/charity organizations which are licensed by the government to deal with DPW's Child Adoption Center only in cases where a child is to be placed overseas. These are:
|Holt Sahathai Foundation
Address: 850/33 Sukhumvit 71|
Bangkok 10110, Thailand.
Mailing Address: P. O. Box Nana Nua 1478, Bangkok 10110
Tel: (02) 381-8834
|Thai Red Cross Foundation
Address: Chulalongkorn Hospital|
Corner of Rama IV Road and Rajdamri Road
Bangkok 10300, Thailand.
Tel: (02) 252-8181, 256-4178
Pattaya OrphanageAddress: Pattaya City, Chonburi|
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 15, Pattaya City, Chonburi 20151
Tel: (038) 422-745
|For complete information and application forms, prospective adoptive parents should contact one of the above agencies or DPW directly at:|
|Child Adoption CenterDepartment of Public Welfare|
Address: Rajvithee Home for Girls, Rajvithee Road, Bangkok 10400
Tel: (02) 246-8651
Thai law there are strict procedures and requirements for adoption of children in Thailand.
For some of these laws it is advisable that you recheck the current law to
as some of these
requirements are currently under review. Here are some of the basic criteria
that an adoptive parent must meet before pursuing adoption of Thai children
any further. These are: |
|REGULATIONS REGARDING ADOPTIVE CHILDREN:
It is not possible to apply for more than one
child at a time, except twins, siblings, or in cases of adoption of the
children of the applicant's Thai spouse.|
|PROCEDURES TO ADOPT A THAI CHILD:
1. Prospective adoptive parents obtain official DPW
application forms (these forms may be obtained from DPW or from one of
the above NGOs). These forms
elicit biographic, health, and financial information about the
prospective adoptive parents.|
2. Prospective adoptive parents engage an adoption agency or child welfare organization licensed by their country to perform a home study (this agency must also be recognized by DPW--a list of recognized agencies is available from DPW).
3. The licensed agency or organization assembles the application forms for submission to DPW. The application must be accompanied by the following:
If the prospective parents reside abroad all the above-listed documents must be authenticated or "verified" by the Thai Embassy or one of the Thai consulates in your home country. All documents must be in English or Thai, or must be accompanied by English or Thai translations.4. If the above documentation is acceptable, DPW (or one of the three NGOs) matches the prospective adoptive parents with a child. The prospective parents are provided with photos and information about the background and health condition of the child (NOTE: DPW reserves the right to review and investigate matches made by the NGOs).
5. The prospective adoptive parents must advise DPW whether they wish to proceed with the adoption of the proposed child. The application will then be given to the Child Adoption Board (CAB) for review. If the Child Adoption Board agrees to the suitability of the prospective adoptive parents for pre-adoption placement of the child, the case is referred to the Minister of Labor and Social Welfare for official authorization. (NOTE: Steps 4 and 5 together frequently take six months to one year to complete).
6. When the pre-adoption placement is approved, a definite appointment is made by DPW (or one of the NGOs) for the prospective parents to be interviewed by the Child Adoption Board. The meeting with the Board is essentially a formality. If one of the prospective adoptive parents is unable to attend this meeting, he or she must provide written consent. (NOTE: The waiting period for such an appointment may be as long as three months, depending on the CAB's schedule.)
7. DPW will issue documents necessary for the child's travel, including a Thai passport. These documents will normally be issued on the same day as the meeting with the Board. The parents will also receive the child on the same day (NOTE: Occasionally issuance of documents takes longer. DPW advises adoptive parents to plan to stay in Thailand for approximately two weeks total).
8. When the prospective adoptive parents have returned to their country with the child and at least three bi-monthly reports on the pre-adoption placement have been submitted to DPW, DPW will refer the case to the Child Adoption Board for approval of final adoption under Thai law.
9. The adoptive parents have to register their adoption under Thai law within six months of notification of finalization by the Board. This can be done at the Thai Embassy or Consulates in your country.
Se mer på denne linken.
Jeg synes det er ille hvor mange barn som er på barnhjem i Thailand.
Jeg bruker å besøke disse barna når jeg er i Bangkok.
Tenkte derfor å legge en del informasjon ut på adopsjon fra Thailand.
Velkommen til Thai Bloggen
Generell Thailand informasjon.
Denne bloggen tar for seg ulike problemstillinger ved å være gift med Thai. Videre legges generelle erfaringer og lenker til steder på nettet som omhandler Thailand.
Bloggen tar nyheter og ting som vi kommer over. Hovedsakelig er bloggen ment for menn. Men alle lesere er velkomne.
There is Tv stream and Radio at the end of the blogg. Also there is an radio at the right side. I want my readers to enjoy when they relaxing.
torsdag 27. desember 2012
Thailand Adoption: Guide to issues on adoption from Thailand.
Bangkokpost.com : Property
Music Weekly Asia
Thailand Hotels - Special Promotion offer
Flights to Bangkok
One Stop Real Estate Pattaya
Thai dating, Thai girls looking for love, dating and marriage.